Animation and Video in Photoshop
In the long history of Photoshop, many new features have been included from time to time. Sometimes some new features were added those can be called revolutionary. Like 3-D models making and using. As well animation within Photoshop has been activated. It can be 2-D or 3-D. Now, in this post I am writing about Animation and Video in Photoshop.
You may know another popular software for animation is Adobe After Effects. If Photoshop is your center of attention then you may create Timeline-Keyframe etc. within Photoshop. You can also import Video Footage in Photoshop and create titles and special effects.
Before you start working on such ideas, you must remember that Photoshop is Photoshop and After Effects is After Effects. As well Premier is Premier. Each one is meant to deliver their expected works. Rather using all of them can bring the best results.
Let’s look into an example of Photshop Layer animation:
• Create a new Layer-based composition in Photoshop or open a previously created document.
• Select Window – Animation. Timeline will turn like After Effects. Each layer can be individually animated.
• Time of animation and Framerate should be selected from left corner menu – Document – Setting. Type Hour:Minute:Second:Frame at Document Timeline Settings. In PAL TV Sytem (Bangladesh-India) the Frame Rate is 25 and NTSC System Frame Rate is 30 (USA-Japan).
• Select the layer that should be animated from the left panel’s Triangle of that layer. You will find Position, Opacity and Style. You can animate these three parts.
• To change position(Like the position of an object that may change space from one place to another) bring the CTI (Current Time Indicator) at the first place of the time.
• Click the small circle beside Position of Layer. A Keyframe will be created.
• Take the CTI to the time where the change of the layer object will happen and then change the object’s position. As the Stopwatch is on, each changewill create individual keyframe. Click Play to see Preview.
• Try to animate Opacity and other parts like this.
• After all the changes are made, go to File-Export-Render Video and make sure video formats and other initial procedures are okay.
If you do not know how to manage Timeline then you should see After Effects or Premier Tutorial.
Premier is for Video Editing, After Effects is for Animation and Photoshop is for Image Editing and Graphics Design. Photoshop holds procedure for image editing. Similar features are not available in the other software.
So you can easily do image editing and animate is Photoshop rather than taking it to After Effects. As well you can put 3-D or Video in Photoshop and bring new creative approach.